At TUV SW Academy we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services, resources and courses offered by TUV SW Academy.
- ‘‘All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties’’
- https://academy.tuvsw.com will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties’’
- https://academy.tuvsw.com takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However https://academy.tuvsw.com (website) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online’’
- https://academy.tuvsw.com is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.’’
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a TUV SW Academy eLearning Account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services our service provider might also request credit card or other payment account information which they maintain in encrypted form on secure computers.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to TUV SW Academy, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our resources and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services, building new courses and resources.
TUV SW Academy only shares personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data, where applicable.
We restrict access to personal information to TUV SW Academy site members only who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use TUV SW Academy resources and courses, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the training and assessment they are attending are for themselves and not for others.
Law and Jurisdiction
Last updated May 2022